Discover Houses for Rent in Covington, LA
Nestled an hour outside of New Orleans, this charming Louisiana city sits along three rivers and has an abundance of art galleries and specialty shops stationed along its busy streets. Homes for rent in this Southern community are bolstered by civic pride and culture embedded in music and arts.
Important Facts for Renters New to Covington
- Visitors to the Covington Brewhouse can catch a glimpse of how this local brewing company makes its beer, one bottle at a time. It hosts tours for residents and has free sample events for its products.
- The Covington Trailhead is the beginning of a 31-mile trail that connects the city to the neighboring communities of Abita Springs, Mandeville, Lacombe and Slidell. It includes a classic clock tower, an amphitheater, a museum and a small movie theater.
- Residents can experience nature firsthand and plan a visit to the Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery. With more than 2,000 alligators and clear waters, visitors are allowed to play with baby gators and take tours of the facility's grounds.
Useful Resources for New Covington Residents
- The Covington Farmers Market has a wide variety of locally grown produce and prepared food from nearby fields. Town musicians stop by on Saturdays and chefs provide free samples to the market's visitors.
- Each school in the city is managed by St. Tammany Parish Public Schools. It aims to provide students with a supportive learning environment and innovative instruction to achieve academic excellence.
- The Parks and Recreation Department seeks to promote affordable and high-quality recreation programs for residents of all ages. It's committed to making its program follow the interests of its citizens by adding playground equipment and fixing town pools.
What to Do in Covington
Whether you're interested in strolling through the natural beauty of Louisiana or immersing yourself in rich Southern history, Covington has something for everyone in the family to enjoy.