Find Fantastic Houses For Rent in Abington, MA
Abington, Mass., is a calm and quiet part of South Shore Massachusetts, and those looking for homes for rent in the town can enjoy the relaxing environment while learning a great deal of American history in the process. If you want to get away to one of the region's luxurious beaches or simply walk around enjoying the history and small-town hospitality of the area, you're in for a treat in Abington.
Interesting Facts About Abington
- Despite being a quiet town, Abington does possess some major manufacturing. Shoe manufacturing dates back to the early 1800s, and Abington produced half the footwear used by the Union Army in the Civil War.
- The early days of Abington date back to the 1660s, when European settlers migrated from Plymouth and developed the town and its surrounding neighbors.
- John L. Sullivan, the first modern heavyweight boxing champion, was born in Abington in 1858.
Important Resources for Abington Residents
- The town's official website offers a myriad of resources, from town official contact information to links that help people sign up for public and private services.
- The Our Town - Abington website is the unofficial site for the town, but the residents who put it together still offer heaps of valuable information. Visitors can learn Abington's history, get acquainted with local elected officials and catch up with a calendar of the town's events.
- Abington's Wicked Local page allows readers to stay up to date on the latest news happening in their community.
Fun Things to Do in and Around Abington
- Those who long for the quaint, classical feel of an old New England town will fall in love with Abington. The downtown area is filled with local shops and cafes for residents to get together with friends in their community.
- If you want to get away but aren't feeling up to heading into Boston, Plymouth is only a few towns over and has a fun and exciting nightlife.