Find Houses for Rent in Cibolo, TX
The South Texas community of Cibolo is home to a diverse group of people and situated just east of the San Antonio metropolitan area. The city offers a country-style way of life for families looking for homes for rent.
6 Facts About Cibolo for Renters
- Cibolo is within the Metrocom area, which runs from the northeast corner of Bexar County, Texas, to the southwest corner of Guadalupe County. The area is home to a major pilot training facility for the U.S. Air Force.
- It wasn't until 1965 that Cibolo became an independent township, but its historic past began well before that date. Native American tribes roamed the area before German settlers arrived and the Southern Pacific Railroad reached the city in 1876.
- The word Cibolo is Native American for "buffalo." The city got its name from a local businessman who decided on Cibolo after the railroad asked for a town name.
- Cibolo has been named as one of the best places to live by CNN Money Magazine.
- The city has a nature center that spans 100 acres of trails and wilderness area.
- Nearby oil and gas drilling provides local jobs and economic development for Cibolo.
Key Resources for Cibolo Renters
Things to Do in Cibolo
- The Schertz Public Library located in Cibolo's neighboring town of Schertz offers children and family events.
- Not far from Cibolo is Dittmar Falls - a scenic point in Guadalupe County.
- âZDT's Amusement Park is also not far from Cibolo, which offers indoor and outdoor play areas including a bungee trampoline and MaxFlight Stimulator.