Discover Houses for Rent in Chesterfield, VA
Chesterfield County, Va., is rich with history - it's home to the first hospital ever built in America and even where Pocahontas once lived - making it an interesting place to find homes for rent. It's also a popular place to live, as Chesterfield has been ranked one of the top communities to live in the U.S.
5 Things Chesterfield Renters Should Know
- Chesterfield is located about 22 miles southwest of Richmond, Va., a mere 30-minute drive from the state's capital.
- The county has the lowest crime rate in the Richmond metropolitan area.â
- Chesterfield has received some impressive rankings over the years, including receiving nods for "One of the 100 Best Communities in America for Young People" and "The 17th Best Place to Live in America."
- The county is the fourth-largest municipality in the state and includes five districts: Bermuda, Clover Hill, Dale, Matoaca and Midlothian.
- Unemployment rates in Chesterfield have remained below the state and national averages, and the number of housing building permits issued in 2012 increased 25 percent, showing an increase in local economic activity.
Key Resources for Chesterfield Renters
- Chesterfield celebrates its historical past throughout the year. Residents can learn more about these events at the Visit Chesterfield website.
- Chesterfield's Historical Society also offers information about the county's 400-year history on its website.
- Visit Chesterfield's official county website to learn about utility services, trash pick-up and how to register your car with the county.
Things to Do in Chesterfield
- Chesterfield is home to a number of historic places. Take a tour of Civil War sites, tour hundreds-of-years-old historic Colonial plantation houses or see where the first coal mining operations and railroads were built.
- Families can enjoy the 4,000 acres of green space in Chesterfield, the 60 public parks or take the kids to one of the 10 community libraries.