Discover Houses for Rent in Glen Allen, VA
The Central Virginia community of Glen Allen was voted one of the Best Places to Live by CNN Money magazine. While it's a relatively small community, it hosts some major events and is just a 20-minute drive north of Richmond, Va., making it an ideal spot for families looking for homes for rent.
4 Things Glen Allen Renters Should Know
- Glenn Allen was ranked No. 66 on CNN Money's top 100 list of best places to live in the United States because it offers a combination of economic opportunities, has a low crime rate and good schools and offers a "real sense of community."
- While Glen Allen may be home to around 14,000 people, the town hosts some big events, like Virginia's only PGA Tour-sanctioned event, and has hosted the Babe Ruth League World Series.
- The community also has a bustling economy. It is home to the 650-acre office park where multiple Fortune 1000 companies are located.
- Glen Allen is located in Henrico County.
Resources for Glen Allen Renters
- To find out about water, sewer and other services in Glen Allen, or to keep up to date with community news, visit the Henrico County website.
- Renters can check out the Glen Allen page at the Virginia is for Lovers website to find out about popular places to eat and learn about community events.
Things to Do in Glen Allen
- Glen Allen's own James River Cellars Winery hosts a "Heart of Virginia" wine trail tour to six wineries in the Richmond area.
- Glen Allen also has its own arts center that offers various art classes for both adults and children, and hosts musical, holiday, dance and other performances throughout the year.
- Take the kids to the Children's Museum of Richmond in Glen Allen for a variety of community programs. The museum also offers helpful parenting classes.
- Glen Allen has multiple golf clubs, including The Crossings, which is bordered by dense forests and has water on four of the last six holes, and the Hunting Hawk Golf Club, which is home to a par-71, 6,842-yard championship course.