Discover Houses for Rent in Highland Springs, VA
Located just outside Richmond, Va., the small unincorporated community of Highland Springs is a short drive to the state capital for families looking for homes for rent.
Interesting Facts Renters Should Know About Highland Springs
- During the 1880s, New England real estate developer Edmund Sewell Read was searching the U.S. and Europe for a community that offered a healthful community and climate for his sick wife. He found his ideal spot in Highland Springs, located just east of Richmond.
- The name of the community comes from Read, as the land was highest in elevation between Richmond and the Atlantic Ocean and had at least nine natural springs.
- A doctor from New York also called water from the Bonanza Spring in the community "one of the most valuable therapeutic agents" in all solvent waters of the world.
Key Resources for Highland Springs Renters
- The main Henrico County website can serve as a general guide and go-to spot for information on Highland Springs and surrounding communities.
- The county also has a tourism website where renters in Highland Springs can discover community events.
- Families renting homes in Highland Springs can also visit the Henrico County Public Schools website to learn more about schools located in the community.
Things to Do in Highland Springs
- Highland Springs is home to a number of golf clubs - the Highland Springs Golf Club and the Highland Springs Golf Course, River's Course. Both feature 18 holes.
- For more entertainment, families interested in homes for rent in Highland Springs can visit Henrico Theatre located in the community. The theater opened in 1938, served as a bomb shelter during World War II and is now on the National Register of Historic Places.