Discover Houses for Rent in Hopewell, VA
Hopewell is within the Richmond-Petersburg metro area, located about 20 miles southeast from the state capital. With rich history and a variety of recreational opportunities, Hopewell is an ideal city for families looking for homes for rent.
4 Fun Facts for Renters About Hopewell
- City Point is the oldest part of Hopewell, being founded in 1613. The community was formerly called City Point. However, Hopewell wasn't incorporated until nearly 300 years later, in 1916.
- The DuPont Company of Wilmington, Del., began a manufacturing revolution in Hopewell, first opening up a dynamite factory in 1914. While DuPont left Hopewell after World War I, a number of large manufacturing companies like Honeywell came to the city. The first automatic dishwasher and first Kraft paper were manufactured in Hopewell.
- Hopewell was given the Governor's Clean City Award for its landscaping and beautification projects.
Camp Lee, a U.S. Army base, is located near Hopewell. It's the third-largest training site for the Army.
Key Resources for Hopewell Renters
- The City of Hopewell's official website offers detailed information for renters in the community.
- The city has a number of elementary and middle schools and is home to public and private high schools. To find out more about the school system, visit the city's school Web page.
Things to Do in Hopewell
- The Hopewell Community Center offers programs for children, adults and seniors. The center features a fitness area, gym, swimming pool, senior citizen rooms and a skateboard park.
- Families looking for homes for rent can enjoy the rich history in Hopewell. The Appomattox Plantation at City Point is a popular attraction, as it's home to where General Ulysses S. Grant directed the 10-month Siege of Petersburg during the Civil War.
- Other historical attractions include the Weston Plantation, which offers tours inside the historic house still filled with period antiques.