Discover Great Houses for Rent in Daleville, AL
Daleville is a great rural community in southeast Alabama close to Dothan and just three hours from Mobile. There are plenty of homes for rent perfect for families looking to live in a small town big on Southern charm and tight-knit community values. Military personnel or civilians working at Fort Rucker to the north or Cairns Army Airfield to the south will enjoy the city's homey vibe if they make Daleville their home with many other military families. Highway 84 runs through Daleville as well, giving renters easy access to other nearby communities.
Facts About Daleville for Future Renters
- Popularly known as the Gateway to Fort Rucker, the city has a strong relationship with the nearby Army post. Named for Confederate Gen. Edmund Rucker, the post is primarily a flight training base.
- Originally called Dale's Court House, Daleville was founded by veterans of the Creek Indian War.
- Daleville has dozens of athletic fields, baseball diamonds and sports courts that kids will love, as well as safe streets and plenty of sidewalks that will make parents happy too.
Useful Resources for Daleville Residents
Daleville City Schools is an award-winning school district with a focus not only on children learning from teachers, but also learning from one another in peer-to-peer situations.
- The Daleville city government works to make sure every civilian and military townsperson is heard and happy.
- The Daleville Police Department keeps the community safe and idyllic, protecting and serving all citizens.
A Quiet, Rural City
Daleville may not have the skyscrapers and bustle of larger cities, but residents here get a chance to really know their neighbors and the community. People care about what happens about town. Daleville gives people a unique opportunity to not only live in a close-knit city, but also for military personnel and civilians to build a better community.