Discover Houses for Rent in Fairfield, AL
Fairfield is a vibrant suburban community just outside of Birmingham. Commuters will love the quick 11-minute, 8-mile ride from homes for rent in Fairfield to the city, while kids will enjoy the safe, residential streets and plentiful parks. Fairfield is also conveniently located near interstates 20 and 59 for easy travel to neighboring communities. The whole family will be happy with Fairfield's variety of cultural, educational and recreational opportunities.
Helpful Facts for Prospective Renters
- Fairfield is home to Miles College. This historically black college can trace its roots back to 1898 when it was first started. Now this liberal arts school has strong science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs.
- There are several shopping areas in Fairfield, like Bellview Plaza West Shopping Center, Western Hills Mall Shopping Center and Weibel Square Shopping Center, that give residents access to everything they may need near their home.
- The historic city's downtown is a picturesque blend of old-time Southern charm and modern technology, like the city's motto, "An older city moving in a new direction."
- Famous major league baseball player Willie Mays attended Fairfield Industrial High School as a child. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1979.
Important Resources for Fairfield Residents
Fairfield City Schools gives local children an opportunity to learn the well-rounded skills that will help them later in life.
- The Fairfield Police Department works to keep the residents and businesses of the community safe and protected.
- The city's government not only provides residents with basic services like road maintenance and trash removal, but tries to give every citizen a voice through the city council and mayor's offices.
Families will feel right at home in Fairfield with its close community, rich history and convenient location. There truly is something for every member of the family in Fairfield.