Find Great Houses for Rent in Fairhope, AL
Fairhope is a city that's known for its beauty. On the eastern banks of Mobile Bay, across from Mobile and just to the south of Daphne, Fairhope offers families a great community to live in. Homes for rent in Fairhope give families a chance to live in a scenic coastal city that sports a lively downtown, plentiful shopping and tons of other attractions including parks, performing arts spaces and golf courses. But it's not just the attractions and cultural offerings that make Fairhope the perfect place for families to live, it's the close community and great schools.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- The city's name comes from early settlers who came to the area in 1894 with a "fair hope of success." More than a century later, the Jewel of the Eastern Shore is thriving and filled with hope for the future.
- Unlike many other tourist destinations, Fairhope retains a small-town Southern feel and many of its residents all year long.
- A variety of America's most famous people have lived in Fairhope at some time, including Upton Sinclair, Mary Lois Timbes and Jimmy Buffet.
- The city was developed as the Single Tax Colony with only a land tax and the ideas of cooperative individualism. The economics of the single tax principle came from Henry George, who is commemorated in town with the Henry George Park.
Help Resources for Residents
- The Fairhope Police Department works tirelessly to keep its beautiful community safe for every citizen.
- The city has a strong Web presence to connect residents with the links they need as well as the news they want.
- Children and parents will love the Fairhope School District for its fun and innovative education style.
Live in Fairhope
After watching the sun set over Mobile Bay one time, your family will know they made the right choice by living in Fairhope.