Find Houses for Rent in Florence, AL
From its Indian Mound Museum and University of North Alabama campus to expansive Wildwood Park and Scenic River Heritage Park, Florence is a city with diversity in culture, landscape and people. On the banks of the Tennessee River, homes for rent in Florence are a great place for families to live. Although Florence is well developed with colleges, stadiums, hospitals, stores, business, restaurants and much more, the city still has plenty of natural beauty to spare, whether is the scenic bridges stretching over the river or the plentiful parks. Just across the shore from Florence, Muscle Shoals give residents another unique community to explore.
Fun Facts for Future Residents
- Florence is the largest city in the area called "The Shoals" which includes Muscle Shoals, Sheffield and Tuscumbia.
- The city is home to several famous musical festivals, including the W.C. Handy Music Festival, Sam Phillips Music Celebration and the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
- The University of North Alabama is in Florence. The university not only has a beautiful campus filled with southern charm, but it's also a well respected and ranked academic and athletic institution.
- The city's strong manufacturing and retail economy not only benefit the public but also give residents a downtown full of fun and exciting stores and restaurants that looks straight out of a movie.
Helpful Resources for Residents
Florence's public safety division combines the police department, fire department, animal control and emergency management agency to form a government body that keeps residents safe.
- The city has a great web presence that citizens can use to stay informed and find helpful links to departments and agencies.
Florence City Schools are some of the best in the state with strong programs and well equip schools.
Families will thoroughly enjoy living in Florence with its rich history, eclectic cultural institutions, superior schools and safe residential neighborhoods.