Locate Houses for Rent in Gardendale, AL
Gardendale is a suburban community just north of Birmingham and Fultondale. Although Interstate 65 runs alongside Gardendale, it's the old Highway 31 that gives this small city life, with homes and businesses lining this artery to Birmingham. Homes for rent in Gardendale give families a chance to live in a community that combines traditional values with great schools, safe residential neighborhoods and convenient shopping areas. Despite all of the things it has to offer, Gardendale isn't nearly as congested or industrial as its urban neighbor to the south - the city has plenty of forest and green space.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- The city began in the early 1800s as a rural refuge for veterans from the War of 1812. By the time it grew large enough to be called a town, it was named Jugtown after a jug factory. It was renamed Gardendale in 1906.
- The city grew significantly following World War I and II, electing its first mayor, welcoming businesses and becoming more than just a suburb of Birmingham.
- Families will enjoy the variety of parks and recreation areas in the city, between the Clemons Complex, Luman Harris Park, New Castle Park and the Noble Athletic Complex.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The best news on the goings-on about town for Gardendale is The Birmingham News. Although located in the city to the south, The Birmingham News brings Gardendale residents local news too.
The City of Gardendale has a strong Web presence that can connect any citizen with the services he or she needs in just a few clicks.
- Gardendale is part of Jefferson County School District, but has a large high school in the city.
Live in Gardendale
Families will thoroughly enjoy living in Gardendale. It has the modern amenities and location that anyone would want as well as strong Southern values and a close-knit community.