Find Houses for Rent in Gurley, AL
Located less than 30 minutes east of Huntsville, homes for rent in this rural town are perfect for families looking to get away. This small section of Madison County offers relaxation to its residents, with highway access to beautiful attractions in northern Alabama.
Interesting Facts for New Gurley Residents
- Kids that are aviation fanatics will enjoy the spoils of Moontown Airport, where teenagers ages 8 to 17 can take part in the Young Eagles program. Volunteer pilots teach them the ins and outs of general aviation in a personal lesson and award them a certificate upon completion.
- Families can travel to Huntsville and visit NASA's U.S. Space & Rocket Center. The facilities there include a Spacedome Theater and Rocket Park, where retired spaceships are on display for visitors. One of most comprehensive space flight hardware museums in the world, it also hosts Space Camp for teenagers, adults and families.
Important Resources for People New to Madison County
- The Gurley Public Library offers many programs and services to its visitors. It runs computer training classes and book clubs to engage the community in learning. There is even a genealogy service that will help you trace your heritage and find ancestors!
- Students attend one of the Madison County Schools in the town. Each one offers extended-day and full-day care programs for families that need some extra supervision when parents are off at work.
- Residents can participate in Habitat for Humanity, volunteering their time to help end poverty housing in Madison County. The open-door policy invites people of all ages to join up and contribute however they can.
What to Do in Gurley
Removed from the clutter of suburban life, Gurley can be a great home for families that enjoy privacy and quiet.