Discover Houses for Rent in Jacksonville, AL
Situated north of Anniston, this city in Calhoun County has a past full of Alabama history. Classic churches and safe neighborhoods make homes for rent in the charming community of Jacksonville alluring to young families new to the area.
Interesting Facts About Jacksonville for New Residents
- As a part of Calhoun County, citizens of Jacksonville can experience the challenge of Cane Creek Golf Course in nearby Anniston. This championship course has creeks that wind through more than 7,000 yards of top-quality fairways and greens.
- During the warm Alabama summers, youths can enjoy access to the city's public swimming pool, local skate park or nine-hole disc golf course located behind the Community Center.
- The Warden Station Horse Camp has miles of trails that traverse the scenic Talladega National Forest, making it a convenient location for hunters and horseback riders. Visitors can make camp in any of the 45 sites available in the park.
Useful Resources for New Jacksonville Renters
- The Jacksonville Farmers Market provides local vendors with the opportunity to sell a wide variety of homegrown produce. Residents are invited to support the city's economy and enjoy a wide selection of fresh baked goods and vegetables.
Jacksonville City Schools handles the community's education from kindergarten through 12th grade. Its mission is to produce responsible graduates with superior academic skills and self-confidence in their abilities.
- The public library has access to more than 87,000 items, including the newly added eBook service. In addition, it offers classes and programs for residents of all ages to expand their minds.
What to Do in Jacksonville
While the city has its own attractions, the city of Anniston has many amenities for residents to enjoy. Natural museums and bike trails, as well as a community theater, help solidify Jacksonville as a desirable location to call home.