Discover Houses for Rent in McCalla, AL
A member of Jefferson County, this community serves as a steel hub for the state of Alabama. Its location near Bessemer and proximity to the Appalachian Mountains give homes for rent in McCalla breathtaking scenic views.
Interesting Facts About McCalla for New Residents
- The Tannehill Ironworks State Park spreads out over three counties with more than 1,500 acres of land for hiking and outdoor recreation. Buried in rich Alabama history, visitors can experience 19th-century life in the iron industry of the South.
- Golf fans will love the Frank House Municipal Golf Course in nearby Bessemer. An 18-hole course that spans more than 6,300 yards will keep players coming back for multiple rounds.
- The Greater Alabama Paranormal Society has its headquarters in McCalla. It serves the areas around Birmingham, investigating instances of paranormal activity and other spooky experiences.
Important Resources for New Renters in McCalla
- Visitors to the Iron and Steel Museum of Alabama can walk the 13,000-square-foot space and learn about iron making from various interactive displays. A 25-seat theater and timeline trace the history of iron from ancient Egypt through modern-day Birmingham.
Jefferson County Schools is the state's second-largest school district, located in the area of Birmingham. The organization is committed to providing higher learning experiences for its residents and preparing students for college and careers.
- The Birmingham Zoo draws more than 500,000 visitors per year with more than 200 species of animals in the 122-acre park. Endangered species from six continents call this enclosure their permanent home.
What to Do in McCalla
Found only 20 minutes south of Birmingham, residents of McCalla can enjoy the spoils of the countryside and deep industrial history of Alabama while living in peace and quiet.