Find Houses for Rent in Montgomery, AL
Located only a few miles from Millbrook, the capital city of Alabama has a prime location along the Alabama River in the Gulf Coastal Plain. The second largest city in the state, homes for rent bring families from all over to witness the magic of Montgomery.
Fun Facts for New Montgomery Residents
- For a lesson in state history, residents can visit Old Alabama Town and walk six blocks of authentic 19th-century buildings. Found right in the heart of downtown Montgomery, the outdoor museum is open year-round.
- Nature enthusiasts will love Coosa River Adventures in nearby Wetumpka, just a 30-minute drive north of Montgomery. Visitors can rent kayaks and canoes for day-long trips out on the river complete with fishing opportunities.
- Baseball fans will frequent the Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium to watch the Montgomery Biscuits play in Double-A games. An affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, the stadium also runs events for kids to get involved with the team.
Useful Resources for Renters New to Montgomery
- The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts plays host to a wide range of events and exhibits that attract thousands of visitors. With free admission and multiple learning centers, residents will keep coming back to this beacon of education.
- Residents of all ages will love the Armory Learning Arts Center in Montgomery. The facility runs constant classes and workshops, while providing art, music and dance instruction to members year-round.
Montgomery Public Schools aims to prepare its students for a life full of learning even after graduation. The system strives to make schools caring communities where teachers challenge students to reach higher levels of knowledge.
What to Do in Montgomery
With updated riverfront developments and no shortage of historic locations, Montgomery is the perfect place for families to rent and live in the heart of Alabama.