Explore Houses for Rent in Ozark, AL
Ozark lies roughly 30 minutes from Dothan and Enterprise and just under an hour's drive from the Alabama-Florida border. Between the attractions near homes for rent in Ozark and those located in neighboring cities, this suburban landscape is sure to appeal to many renters.
Intriguing Ozark Facts
- The earliest official record of the name of Ozark is traced to an 1855 petition for the city to change its title. Ozark was initially called Merricks, in homage to the original settler of the area, John Merrick Sr.
- The first Claybank Church was built in Ozark in 1852. The construction of the church was assisted by Rev. Dempsey Dowling and his descendants.
- Ozark grew significantly during the 1990s, with a population increase to more than 15,000 and an extension of the city limits.
Ozark Tools for Renters
- City services and department information are available at the City of Ozark official website.
- To keep abreast of community events and retirement opportunities, renters can check out the website of the Ozark Chamber of Commerce.
- The Ozark City Schools website provides educational resources for parents with children in grades K-12.
Ways to Play in Ozark
To catch a flick near Ozark rentals, movie lovers can stop by Clark Cinemas and watch one of the latest film releases. Renters interested in exploring military history can visit the U.S. Army Aviation Museum. The museum has a range of exhibits, covering topics from Operation Desert Storm to the Wright Brothers' Model B. A short ride away, in Dothan, parents can take their kids to Adventureland Theme Park for a chance to play miniature golf, drive go-karts or take a few swings in the batting cages. The Southeast Alabama Community Theatre hosts plays and other performances suitable for audiences of all ages.