Find Houses for Rent in Robertsdale, AL
Robertsdale is a rural community located roughly midway between the cities of Mobile, Ala., and Pensacola, Fla. A home for rent in Robertsdale provides convenient access to the city's main drag of shops and restaurants in addition to the attractions of the nearby urban areas, which are both less than an hour away.
Interesting Facts About Robertsdale
- Robertsdale was incorporated in 1921, 16 years after it was founded in 1905.
- Robertsdale takes its name from Dr. B.F. Roberts, an executive of the Southern Plantation Corporation of Chicago.
- The Corporation started Robertsdale, selecting the site due to the then recent extensions to the Louisville and Nashville Railroad line and the area's fertile land.
- Robertsdale is nicknamed the "Hub of Baldwin County" thanks to its location between Pensacola and Mobile and proximity to the beaches of Gulf Shores, Ala.
Useful Resources for Robertsdale Renters
- The City of Robertsdale official website is home to tools for assisting residents with a variety of concerns, from community issues to local government.
- Information about public schools in Robertsdale can be found at the Baldwin County Public Schools website.
- Those interested in learning more about business in the area and events nearby can check out the website of the Central Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce.
Recreational Activities in Robertsdale
Spanning 45 acres at the heart of Robertsdale, Garrett Park is home to an impressive array of facilities and activities. For instance, the park is equipped for a number of sports, including football, baseball, softball and soccer. However, the sporting amenities of Garrett Park don't stop there: Visitors can also make use of batting cages, tennis courts and a volleyball net. The Kid's Splash Park, on the other hand, gives younger kids something to get excited about, especially on a hot day. For a night out, adults can enjoy an evening at one of the town's several restaurants, like El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant or Russell Gooroo's Grill.