Find Houses for Rent in Salem, AL
A rural community like Salem can be a wonderful place to live for those seeking a tranquil lifestyle in the country. However, because homes for rent in Salem are close to the city of Opelika, residents still have plenty of choices for entertainment and leisure.
Interesting Facts for Salem Renters
- Salem resides in Lee County, which was established on Dec. 5, 1866, and named in honor of Gen. Robert E. Lee.
- The seat of Lee County, Opelika, is less than 10 miles from Salem and is one of the best small cities for employment in the country, according to Forbes.
- Auburn University is just minutes away from Opelika and offers degree-granting programs in 140 different programs of study.
- Renters in Salem are less than an hour away from Columbus Metropolitan Airport, making getting away for business or pleasure a breeze.
Helpful Salem Resources
- The official website of Lee County hosts a variety of tools for navigating the local government and other departments of the Salem area.
- Information about a number of services, events and business opportunities near Salem is available at the Opelika Chamber of Commerce website.
- The Lee County Schools website is a useful resource for becoming familiar with the public school options available around Salem.
Recreation in Salem
To experience the outdoors and spend some time in nature, Salem renters can visit 350-acre Spring Villa Park. This green space sports a number of facilities, ranging from a band stand to volleyball courts. Spring Villa Park is also home to nature trails, an antebellum house, picnic tables, grills and an open play area. Just down the road from Salem is the Lee County Flea Market, where shoppers can find antiques and handmade items. In Opelika an impressive selection of shopping, dining and entertainment offerings are within reach, such as the Museum of East Alabama and Irish Bred Pub & Restaurant.