Find Houses for Rent in Saraland, AL
Saraland is part of the greater Mobile area and borders on the city of Chickasaw. Though much smaller than Mobile, Saraland has its own unique history and amenities. With plenty of local offerings in addition to the attractions of nearby cities, many are sure to be interested in homes for rent in Saraland.
Interesting Saraland Facts
- The present name of Saraland is said to be taken from the wife of C.J. Dewitt, who settled in the area due to medical concerns in 1890.
- Saraland was initially called Alvarez Station, a title given to the site by the successors of Don Diago Alvarez. Alvarez received a land grant that included what's now Saraland.
- Though Saraland wasn't heavily populated at first, it grew rapidly after its incorporation in 1957. The population of the city had reached more than 4,000 by 1960, up from 150 at the time of incorporation.
Resources for Saraland Renters
- The official website of the City of Saraland is filled with helpful links to assist residents with various issues related to living locally.
- Saraland City Schools provides a website with educational tools for the parents of school-aged children.
- Prospective business owners and renters curious about local clubs and activities can visit the Saraland Area Chamber of Commerce website for a bunch of useful information.
Recreational Activities in Saraland
There's no shortage of green spaces in Saraland, so finding a place to get some fresh air or play with the kids is a piece of cake. One of the parks in the city is Amelia Park, which is equipped with baseball fields, a playground, picnic tables and walking trails. Skidmore Park, on the other hand, is home to football and baseball fields, batting cages and a playground. Less than 20 minutes away, in Mobile, renters can discover scientific wonders at the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center or catch a show at the Saenger Theatre.