Discover Houses for Rent in Theodore, AL
Theodore lies to the south of Mobile and only a few miles from Mobile Bay. Since they're so close to the bay, homes for rent in Theodore provide fishing fans with an excellent place to live. In addition to the allure of the water, the urban draws of Mobile are bound to strike the fancy of families and lovers of culture.
Things Renters in Theodore Should Know
- Mobile County, Theodore's home district, contains the sole seaport in all of Alabama. Success as a port came after the city came under American rule in the 1800s.
- Theodore is situated at a site of major conflict during the Civil War, Mobile Bay. In the Battle of Mobile Bay in 1864, Union armies triumphed over the Confederate Navy.
- Mobile was occupied by a number of regimes since its establishment, including the British, Spanish and French.
Useful Theodore Resources
- To learn about the various aspects of government in the region, Theodore renters can visit the Mobile County Alabama official website.
- The intellectually curious may want to check out the website of the Mobile Library for assistance with literary and research queries.
- Getting involved with local business can be made easier by investigating the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce website.
Recreating in Theodore
With Mobile Bay right down the road, renters may find that getting in some quality fishing time is a breeze. Sites along the waters, like Hoppe's Fishing Camp and C&S Live Bait and Tackle LLC, provide outposts for would-be fishermen. Those who are new to fishing and could use a few pointers can stop by the Harrison Fishing Guide Service for some help. To experience some of the local culture, residents have a diverse selection of choices less than 20 minutes away in Mobile. Interests in the city's past can be indulged at the Oakleigh Historic Complex, while the Dauphin Street Blues Company hosts live music.