Find Houses for Rent in Valley, AL
Valley is centered midway between the cities of Opelika and Lagrange, Ga., making it a bit of a hub for those who want urban options. Thanks to their location on the Alabama-Georgia border, homes for rent in Valley provide diverse opportunities to experience what the South has to offer.
Historical Intrigue in Valley
- Valley has been around since the 1860s, though it wasn't incorporated as a city until more than 100 years later, in 1980.
- Before the Civil War, towns in the Valley region were reliant upon agriculture for their economic sustenance. After the war, however, the area's production became increasingly centered on textiles.
- Four different towns united to form the community that was incorporated as the City of Valley: Riverview, Shawmut, Langdale and Fairfax.
- The Valley area economy was defined by the textile industry for more than 100 years.
Tools for Valley Renters
- The City of Valley municipal website provides resources for everything from community life and recreation to business and government affairs.
- Pages on economic development and local clubs and organizations can be found at the Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce website.
- Parents can investigate educational options in Valley by stopping by the website of the Chambers County School District.
Things to Do in Valley
Valley is home to Valley Bowl, giving renters a chance to satisfy a craving for bowling by throwing some strikes. Just north, the New Horizon Community Theatre draws audiences for its productions of classic plays and musicals and contemporary shows. Residents can expand their cultural horizons even further by sampling the art works at the SKYline Studio or taking private lessons in visual art. If you want to get some exercise or just have some fun playing a round or two of golf, you can visit The Riverside Country Club and take advantage of its golfing and tennis facilities.