Discover Houses for Rent in Vance, AL
Vance, known for the Mercedes-Benz assembly plant in town, is a small community near Tuscaloosa. Homes for rent in Vance are also close to Birmingham, affording residents a broad swatch of entertainment and business options to explore.
Interesting Facts About Vance
- The town of Vance is split between two counties, Tuscaloosa County and Bibb County. Both counties were established in February 1818 within one day of each other.
- Vance was originally called Trion and served as one of Old Huntsville Road's mercantile locations. Its earliest settler was David M. Lindley.
- The town gained its current name in 1879 in homage to North Carolina resident Dr. William Vance. After it was called Trion but before taking its present title, Vance was known as Smallwood.
Helpful Resources for Vance Renters
- A variety of services and information is available at the official website of the Town of Vance.
- For help with matters related to area business, the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama website can be of assistance.
- The U.S. International Branch of Mercedes-Benz hosts a website that may attract those interested in cars or employment.
Recreation in Vance
The Mercedes-Benz Visitor Center provides car lovers and the mechanically curious with a unique venue to engage their interests. The center offers tours of the factory and exhibits that let visitors explore the historical and progressive sides of automotive engineering. Parents with children intrigued by the performing arts can enroll their kids in educational camps at the Tuscaloosa Children's Theatre and maybe even have the chance to see them in a show. Over in Tuscaloosa, both adults and children can indulge their inquisitiveness at the Alabama Museum of Natural History, which has a number of in-house collections ranging from entomology to paleobotany.