Discover Houses for Rent in Vestavia Hills, AL
Bordering on Homewood just outside of Birmingham, Vestavia Hills is an up-and-coming suburban community. Those looking for a place to raise a family may find homes for rent in Vestavia Hills appealing thanks to the nearby cultural attractions and reputed education system.
Vestavia Hills History
- The name of Vestavia Hills traces back to the Roman goddess Vesta. The home of George Battey Ward, a former mayor of Birmingham, was based on the design of the deity's temple in Rome and erected in 1924.
- Vestavia Hills got its start when a number of affluent Birmingham residents founded estates in the area.
- The Vestavia Hills school system began in 1970, following the broadening of the city limits through the 1960s due to residential and commercial progress.
Helpful Vestavia Hills Resources
- An impressive selection of tools is available at the City of Vestavia Hills official website, including pages on government, economic development and even local lifestyle.
- To navigate the educational offerings of the city, renters can stop by the Vestavia Hills City Schools website.
- Details about community events and business opportunities in the vicinity can be found at the website of the Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce.
Recreational Activities in Vestavia Hills
Vestavia Hills rentals are close to two country clubs, making the community a suitable homestead for golfers. The 18-hole course at Altadena Valley Country Club covers roughly 118 acres and offers swimming and tennis as well. The Vestavia Country Club, right in the heart of Vestavia Hills, is home to a fitness center, several pools and tennis facilities on top of its two golf courses. For a glimpse of creative works by artists from around the globe, renters can visit the Birmingham Museum of Art. The museum contains thousands of pieces in various mediums, such as paint, stone and video.