Explore Houses for Rent in Eagle River, AK
Eagle River lies on the eponymous Eagle River, midway between Anchorage and Chugiak. Homes for rent in Eagle River, like those in Chugiak, have a suburban vibe, making them suitable for renters looking to enjoy extra leg room, urban amenities and the nearby Alaskan wilderness.
Things Eagle River Renters Should Know
- Eagle River joined the Municipality of Anchorage in 1975 and, like the waterside Alaskan metropolis, saw significant growth during the World War II and post-war periods.
- Major development occurred in Eagle River after a highway linked it to Anchorage in the 1930s.
- There are more espresso stands located in Anchorage than in any other U.S. locale.
- Anchorage is situated as far west as Honolulu, Hawaii, and as far north as the capital of Finland, Helsinki.
Practical Eagle River Resources
- Renters can explore the business opportunities of Eagle River or get involved in the community by visiting the Chugiak Eagle River Chamber of Commerce website.
- Tools for navigating the educational environment of Eagle River are available at the website of the Anchorage School District.
- The Municipality of Anchorage official website offers information about area government, transportation, residential life and recreation.
Eagle River Recreational Activities
Outdoorsy types can visit Chugach State Park to drink in the beauty of Alaska near Eagle River rentals and observe local wildlife such as porcupines, lynxes and mountain goats. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of activities at the park, including camping, biking, hiking, boating and horseback riding. To take in the natural and cultural wealth of Alaska indoors, renters can stop by the Anchorage Museum. The museum contains several permanent galleries in addition to an array of changing exhibitions during the course of the year.