Find Houses for Rent in Austin, AR
Austin, which lies 15 minutes from Jacksonville and five minutes from Cabot, is a suburban community surrounded by natural beauty. Homes for rent in Austin are also close to Little Rock, providing renters with a variety of nearby entertainment opportunities.
Intriguing Facts for Renters to Know About Austin
- Austin, or Old Austin, is now a commuter town for residents who work in Cabot and other local municipalities, though it began as one of the first settlements in central Arkansas.
- Male citizens of Austin fought in the Civil War in 1861, joining the Austin Rifles and supporting the Confederates.
- James Erwin was among the earliest settlers of the Austin area, arriving in 1822. The first shop in the community was founded by Colbert Moore and Isaac Dunaway in 1848.
- Union troops destroyed a large number of the structures in Austin during the Civil War, using the debris to build shelter for the winter.
Helpful Austin Tools for Renters
- The City of Austin municipal website hosts resources for renters with queries about elected officials, city departments and the mayor's office.
- Those interested in learning more about the business opportunities available near Austin rentals can check out the website of the Cabot Chamber of Commerce.
- Local educational information can be accessed by parents and students at the Cabot Public Schools website.
Things to Do Near Austin
At the Cypress Bayou Wildlife Management Area, hunters can pursue game of various sorts, including deer, turkey, rabbit, quail and squirrel. The site spans more than 1,500 acres across two counties. Golfers can play a match at Cypress Creek Golf Club, which sports a par 72, 18-hole golf course in addition to a pro shop. Parents with children can take their kids to Space Walk, an indoor playground that gives young visitors the chance to bounce about in large inflatable zones.