Find Houses for Rent in Benton, AR
Benton is located about a half-hour southwest of Little Rock and neighbors Salem, which lies on the northeastern side of the city. Homes for rent in Benton make it easy for renters to take advantage of the amenities of Arkansas' capital, while providing a number of local attractions.
Intriguing Facts for Benton Renters to Learn
- The Benton region is the only area in the U.S. where bauxite ore could be mined on an industrial scale for the production of aluminum. Yields of the material were highest during World War II, though the mining operations began near Benton in 1899.
- Military Road is a primary travel artery in Benton that runs parallel to the Old Southwest Trail, once used by pioneers heading west. Military Road has been in use since the 1830s.
- Interstate 30 connects Benton to both Hot Springs and Little Rock, making local travel a breeze.
Helpful Tools for Renters in Benton
- The municipal website of the City of Benton hosts resources that can help renters familiarize themselves with area government, laws and utilities.
- Residents looking to take part in business in Benton or get involved in community events can visit the Benton Area Chamber of Commerce website.
- Information about the academic opportunities available to students in Benton can be found at the website of the Benton School District.
Things to Do in Benton
Right at the center of Benton, Tyndall Park provides renters with a place to enjoy the outdoors. The park has a variety of amenities, including tennis courts, softball fields, basketball courts, pavilions, gazebos and a skate park. To catch a flick in town, movie-goers can check out Cinemark Tinseltown USA, which screens the latest films from genres as diverse as action and comedy. Residents can get in touch with Arkansas history at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock, which allows visitors to explore rooms within the structure as well as artifacts that preserve the heritage of the area.