Find Houses for Rent in Bethel Heights, AR
Bethel Heights is a city in Benton County and is a short trip to Springdale. Homes for rent in this city give people the best of both worlds - living in a fast-paced area with easy escapes to quieter, rural regions. There's also plenty to do in Bethel Heights. If you love baseball, visit Arvest Park, home to the Arkansas Naturals. Learn about the Ozarks and their history and culture by checking out the Shiloh Museum. Hop on in old train car that goes along the historical Arkansas and Missouri Railroad.
Facts for Renters
- Bethel Heights was settled in the 1870s but wasn't actually incorporated as a city until 1967. The area was settled by the Osage long before the Louisiana Purchase happened.
- Nelson Hewitt was the first European settler to come to the area, who settled here in 1856. In 1881, railroad lines were built in the region allowing more people to come through and settle down.
- Bethel Height's school was sometimes called Bethel and other times called Newkirk after Benjamin and Elizabeth Newkirk, who donated land to the school. The school taught people of every age, ranging from six-year-olds to 21-year-olds. At one point they had 177 students. By 1920, the school was replaced by a larger building.
- Bethel Heights finally decided to incorporate in 1967 because the town residents feared they would be annexed by Springdale or Lowell.
- Today, the city has plenty of amenities for visitors and residents to enjoy, including plenty of businesses, parks and restaurants.
Resources for Renters
- Find out what there is to do around town by picking up a copy of Springdale News.
- Learn more about local schools and discover if they are right for your children by checking out the Springdale Public Schools website.
- Interested in becoming involved in local government? Visit the Springdale website to find out what you need to know.