Explore Houses for Rent in Elkins, AR
Elkins, situated 20 minutes outside of Fayetteville, is a small community suitable for renters who enjoy rural environments. Homes for rent in Elkins are close to the cultural and entertainment resources of Fayetteville and other nearby towns such as Springdale, keeping residents close to the comforts of civilization.
Interesting Things for Elkins Renters to Learn
- Prior to taking on its current name, Elkins was known as Harris. The Harris Post Office was first run by John Sword and serviced the area from 1888 to 1957.
- A network of mounds was found in the Elkins region, providing support for the hypothesis that inhabitants settled the land in prehistoric times.
- The earliest documented school in Elkins was operating by 1877. Students studying in Elkins were given textbooks at no charge for the first time in 1937.
- In 1830, the Boone family became one of the first to settle the territory that is now Elkins.
Helpful Tools for Renters in Elkins to Use
- At the municipal website of the City of Elkins, renters can access information about local departments, residential life and economic development.
- Individuals looking to take part in the business affairs of the Elkins area can check out the website of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce.
- The Elkins School District website provides parents with resources to navigate nearby education options available for children in grades K-12.
Recreational Activities Near Elkins
Nature lovers can explore the outdoors close to Elkins rentals at Lake Sequoyah Park, just north of town. In addition to the scenic vistas of Lake Sequoyah, visitors to the park can enjoy more than 4 miles of trails or an outing on the body of water, made easy by a boat ramp at the site. At the University of Arkansas, in Fayetteville, art enthusiasts can experience the variety of exhibits contained within the Fine Arts Center Gallery.