Explore Houses for Rent in Greenwood, AR
Greenwood is a city just 12 miles from Fort Smith. It's the perfect location for those looking for homes for rent in an area with both suburban quiet and city conveniences. There's also the scenic Ozarks about 40 miles away, offering opportunities for activities and recreation.
Facts for Renters About Greenwood
- Greenwood was the first county seat for Sebastian County. It was founded in 1851 and named for Judge Alfred Burton Greenwood.
- Built in 1892, the Sebastian County Jail is on the National Register of Historic Places. The jail now serves as a history museum for the city and Sebastian County.
- The Greenwood Veterans Memorial Square used to be the site of the Sebastian County House. Now citizens can purchase a granite stone to memorialize a veteran. These surround a clock tower, built in 1976.
Resources for Renters in Greenwood
- Renters looking for details on the calendar of events for Greenwood along with information on the chamber of commerce, area businesses or local government can find these at the city's website.
- Parents who want to know more about the local public school system can use the Greenwood School District website.
- Renters looking for attractions in Greenwood and the surrounding area of Arkansas can visit the Western Arkansas Mountain Frontier site, which lists events and entertainment, from shopping to hiking.
Things to See in Greenwood
Renters can visit several historical sites in the area, including the jail that now acts as a county historical museum and the Coal Miners Memorial. The local Bell Park features trails, a promenade, playground equipment and a pavilion. The city also hosts an annual 5K run and a Fall Festival. Golfing, swimming and a social club are offered by the local country club. In the surrounding areas, there are plenty of opportunities for fishing, hiking, boating and other recreational activities.