94 Houses for Rent in Jacksonville, Arkansas
Number of Bedrooms
Jacksonville House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Find Houses for Rent in Jacksonville, AR
A suburb of Little Rock, Jacksonville offers plenty of appealing qualities of its own. Those looking for homes for rent in places with a great deal to do but with a slower-paced lifestyle than the big city will love this area.
Facts for Renters in Jacksonville
- The Battle of Bayou Meto, also know as the Battle of Reed's Bridge, was fought in Jacksonville in 1863. There's a marker for the site on Highway 161 that renters can visit.
- The Arkansas Ordnance Plant is located in Jacksonville, and was one of the top production sites for fuses and detonators during World War II. Portions of it still remain and some parts been converted into an air force base and a museum.
- The Little Rock Air Force Base is just outside of Jacksonville, and is home to the 19th Airlift Wing unit.
Resources for Renters in Jacksonville
- Renters interested in keeping up with local news can subscribe to the paper and access its website to keep up on current events.
- To find things to do locally, individuals can use the Jacksonville Advertising and Promotion Commission's page.
- For details on government boards and departments, renters can use the city's official Web page.
Attractions In and Around Jacksonville
There are lots of activities in Jacksonville. Renters interested in the military can check out the local Air Force Base, which features air shows throughout the year. There's also the Museum of Military History, located in the land that used to house the Arkansas Ordnance Plant. During the warmer months, renters can visit the Splash Zone Water Park, which has a pool and water slides for keeping cool. The yearly FestiVille will have contests, rides, races and concerts that will appeal to people all ages.