Find Houses for Rent in Siloam Springs, AR
Siloam Springs, which borders Oklahoma on its west, is a residential city in northern Arkansas just down Route 412 from Springdale and Fayetteville. Homes for rent in this city are great for families looking to live in a suburban area in Arkansas. Siloam Springs' downtown area on Broadway Street offers families a chance to explore local businesses like Cafe on Broadway and Siloam Flowers & Gifts as well as City Park on Sager Creek. Siloam Springs is also home to John Brown University's main campus, named for the Methodist minister who founded the school.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Siloam Springs is just down the road from Ozark National Forest. The forest is more than 1 million acres in size and is mostly filled with hardwood like oak and hickory. It was established as a National Forest in 1908.
- Simon Sager settled near the city's current boundaries in 1835 to farm. The creek which runs through the city has been named for him, as he was the earliest settler. The city saw a population boom and bust in the late 1800s with speculation for a railroad and resort. Since then the population has steadily increased and now Siloam Springs is home to a diverse set of industries.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in the city are served by the Siloam Springs School District, which has seven schools in the town. John Brown University is on the west side of the city, near the state line.
- Siloam Springs was where the "Sun" was originally published, one of the earliest newspapers in Arkansas. Now residents get their news from the Herald Leader.
- Residents will want to bookmark Siloam Springs' website, which has links to services like recycling as well as the library and city hall.
Live in Siloam Springs
Siloam Springs is a close community for families who want to live on the state line in a city with safe residential neighborhoods and good schools.