229 Houses For Rent in Van Buren, AR
Number of Bedrooms
Van Buren House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Van Buren, AR
Near Fort Smith and the Oklahoma border, Van Buren is the 22nd most populous city in the state. At the intersection of interstates 40 and 540, homes for rent in Van Buren are well-located for commuting into Fort Smith. The city, which sits on the eastern banks of the Arkansas River across from Fort Smith, is home to Summit Medical Center and many other urban amenities including a downtown commercial area. There are many parks throughout the city, including the large Lee Creek Park that runs along the riverfront - perfect for jogging and weekend picnics.
Important Information for Future Renters
- The first recorded part of Van Buren's history is when David Boyd came to the area in 1818. From there, a community grew as settlers started coming in. In 1831, the area was named after Martin Van Buren, who was the Secretary of State under Andrew Jackson at the time and later became president.
- Van Buren is home to many attractions that people from all over the greater Fort Smith area come to see. Many visit the King Opera House for musical performances and the UAFS Drennen-Scott House to learn from the museum as well as other locations.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in Van Buren are part of the Van Buren School District, which has a focus on providing a safe and inclusive environment to learn in.
- Van Buren citizens get their news from the Press Argus-Citizen and the Times Record - two of the area's most popular newspapers.
- The Van Buren city website is a great tool for citizens looking to do anything from contacting the city clerk to finding out about city events.
Live in Van Buren
Van Buren is a good mix between a large city and a suburban town, with plenty of parks and residential neighborhoods.