Discover Houses for Rent in Artesia, CA
There are many gorgeous homes for rent in the beautiful city of Artesia, Calif. With a richly diverse population of residents hailing from all over the globe, Artesia is one of Southern California's most interesting locales. From the city's early days as a farming town to its current status as a residential and commercial hotspot, there is a story behind every corner in this historic city.
4 Facts Artesia Renters Would be Interested to Know
- The city was named for the abundance of Artesian wells that can be found throughout the city, including the one located beneath the landmark Artesia Water Tower.
- The date of the water tower's construction is unknown, which has held up multiple attempts to have the structure honored with a designation as a National Historical Landmark. It has appeared in numerous movies and television shows over the past several decades.
- Artesia was one of the state's premier "dairy communities" before World War II, but demand for housing turned this area into a predominantly residential city that is a haven for immigrants.
- The city is home to an International and Cultural Shopping District, which is often referred to as "Little India" because of the prevalence of Asian shops and restaurants located there.
Key Resources for Artesia Renters
- Artesia has several public and private schools, including four elementary schools, a middle school and access to five high schools in the neighboring communities of Lakewood and Cerritos.
- Numerous programs for kids, teens and adults are sponsored by the city's Parks & Recreation Department, which offers a schedule of seasonal events.
Why Choose to Rent in Artesia?
This community is conveniently located close to Los Angeles and many other significant Southern California communities. With a diverse population and a wealth of things to do, you can't go wrong renting in Artesia.