Discover Houses for Rent in Camarillo, CA
Camarillo is located in Ventura County. The city is near Oxnard and Ventura. Homes for rent in Camarillo give a resident access to the Camarillo Village Square, which contains a shopping mall. Shopping centers abound in the city, like Camarillo Town Center Shopping Center and Camarillo Premium Outlets. Numerous parks in the city provide a renter with a fun and relaxing outlet for recreational activities. These include Camarillo Grove Park and Freedom Park. Residents can also become members of the country club of their choice while living in Camarillo. Examples include the Spanish Hills Country Club and Las Posas Country Club.
Interesting Facts About Camarillo
- The Chumash Native American tribe were the original settlers of Ventura County. The Chumash worked primarily as fishermen.
- The land that is contemporary Camarillo was once the site of a large Mexican land grant, amounting to about 10,000 acres. The land was used as a ranch, serving first as a cattle farm. Later, operations were focused around agriculture. Agriculture has played a large role in the city's more recent history, with lemon and walnut groves being staples of the area.
- The 1950s construction of the Ventura Freeway made transportation to Camarillo simple, giving renters an easy path to major California cities such as Los Angeles.
Resources for Renters
- Camarillo's Chamber of Commerce has a website that will be helpful to renters eager to learn about business in the city, membership and the chamber's business advocacy programs. The site also provides information on upcoming events, the current staff of the chamber and a variety of other sources.
- The website for the Camarillo Ranch Foundation is an excellent way for renters to learn about the history of the city. The foundation also has a museum that hosts numerous exhibits throughout the year.