Discover Houses for Rent in Cathedral City, CA
Cathedral City is located in Riverside County. Resident will live near Palm Springs, a resort city, and Coachella, famous for its annual music festival. Homes for rent in Cathedral City grants residents access to numerous cultural institutions, shops and restaurants. Residents can also visit many parks in the city, such as Century Park. The city has several golf courses that dot the landscape. These include Desert Princess Golf Resort and Cimarron Golf Resort. Renters can eat out at different restaurants, such as El Portal Restarant and Nicolino's Italian Restaurant.
Interesting Facts About Cathedral City
- The Cahuilla Native American tribe were the original inhabitants of the city, living in the Coachella Valley for many years.
- The city owes its name to Col. Henry Washington, who thought that the canyons in the vicinity of the city made it look like a cathedral.
- Cathedral City was officially incorporated into California in 1981, making the city's official establishment relatively new.
- Coachella Valley provides renters with opportunities for shopping and other activities.
- Cathedral City has a business friendly climate.
Resources for Renters
- Cathedral City's website provides helpful information related to government and a precise summary of the city's lifestyle, demographics, community groups and many other sources. Renters can also check out this website to learn about departments and services in the Cathedral City, such as business resources, public works, planning, housing and human resources. Additionally, the website has suggestions for prospective renters.
- Parents can learn about schools in Cathedral City by visiting the websites for Palm Springs Unified School District and Coachella Unified School District.
- The Cathedral City Historical Society displays pictures related to the history of the city. It also hosts events. Residents can explore the Society's website to learn more.