Discover Houses for Rent in Ceres, CA
Ceres is located in Stanislaus County, next to Modesto and Turlock. Homes for rent in Ceres place residents in a family friendly urban environment with numerous institutions tailored to a variety of interests. For example, renters can explore recreational opportunities at Berrygrove Park and Smyrna Park. The Golden State Highway runs through Ceres, giving residents access to a other areas of California. Residents can also visit the many shopping malls that dot the city, such as Ceres Plaza Shopping Center. Residents have a wide range of dining options, such as Foster's Freeze and the Waffle Shop.
Historical Information About Ceres
- The city has been dedicated to agricultural pursuits throughout its history. Ceres derives its name from the Roman goddess of agriculture.
- The Daniel C. Whitmore family played a significant role in the founding of the city. Daniel Whitmore was instrumental in building one of the first houses in Ceres, a house that still stands today. The house was restored with the dual effort of the city of Ceres and the Ceres Historical Society. The house was originally bought by Whitmore in 1870.
- John Service and Cassius Warner were co-founders of the city with Daniel Whitmore. They settled the city in 1867.
- The city is centered on a community spirit with summer concerts and the Halloween Fun Festival. Ceres also hosts an annual Downtown Street Fair in the spring.
- The city is the location of the County Agriculture Center.
Helpful Resources for Renters