Discover Houses for Rent in Commerce, CA
Commerce is located in Los Angeles County. It neighbors Montebello and East Los Angeles. Homes for rent give residents access to a number of cultural institutions and restaurants. Leisure can be found at the Banzini Park and Rosewood Park, while the Santa Ana Freeway will take a potential renter to other nearby urban locations. Shopping can be done at Citadel Outlets and friends and family can stay at the Double Tree by Hilton. Residents can eat at Steven's Steak & Seafood House and Carl Jr's, among other locations in the city.
Interesting Facts About Commerce
- The city of Commerce was incorporated in 1959. Commerce was the 67th California city to be founded.
- The city's name derives from the reasons for its founding. Volunteers founded Commerce to escape what they saw as the high taxes of other California cities. These residents prided themselves on having a staunchly pro-business community. The city still has no property or utility tax.
- The city contains four municipal libraries.
- Rosewood Park has an Aquatorium facility that provides year-long swimming opportunities for residents.
Resources for Renters
- Commerce's website has a bevy of information for prospective renters, the most principal being information on City Hall and resources for residents. The City Hall page will bring a renter to information on the city attorney, the city clerk and the administration of the city. The page on residents exhibits information on animal control, parks and recreation and the city's sustainability projects, called "City of Commerce Going Green."
- Renters should visit Montebello Unified School District's website to learn about the district, the board of education and the district's numerous departments. These include finance, human resources, head start, special education, transportation, payroll, benefits, parent support services and a number of other pages on the district's various goals.