Discover Houses for Rent in Dana Point, CA
Dana Point is located in Orange County near the Capistrano Bight. The city neighbors San Clemente and Laguna Niguel. Families searching for homes for rent will find a family-friendly spirit. Residents can eat at The Point Restaurant and Bar, Thai This Lunch & Dinner, Luciana's Ristorante and Harbor House Cafe. The Pacific Coast Highway runs directly through Dana Point, providing a viable means of transportation for renters. There are also many public transportation options in the city. Renters can pursue leisure at parks like Hilltop Park, Dana Cove Park, Harbor Point Park and Heritage Park. Residents have the chance to become members of Dana Point Yacht Club. Other opportunities include whale watching at Capt. Dave's Dana Point Whale Watching and renting a jet ski or kayak from Dana Point Jet Ski & Kayak Center.
Interesting Facts About Dana Point
- Dana Point was incorporated in 1989.
- The city was founded by Richard Henry Dana Jr., a lawyer who sailed around the area of contemporary Dana Point.
- The Dana Point Harbor is one of the prominent locations found along the California coastline. It's home to more than 2,000 ships.
- The city is equidistant from Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Dana Point is a popular tourist destination, with about 2,000 hotel rooms in the city.
Resources for Renters
- Dana Point's website provides information on upcoming events, city news, city government and numerous other pages. It also has a photo gallery of the city, so a renter can get a visual taste of Dana Point.
- Capistrano Unified School District's website provides information on schools in the vicinity of Dana Point. Parents can use this site to locate information about the district's board of trustees and departments.