Find the Perfect Houses for Rent in El Monte, CA
El Monte, Calif., is considered by locals to be the "Hub of the San Gabriel Valley," with numerous businesses and homes for rent within city limits. This community lies at the intersection between Interstates 605 and 10, two of the largest freeways in Southern California. Located just 12 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, El Monte is one of the easiest cities to commute from and navigate in all of Los Angeles County.
Important Information for El Monte Residents
- The land where the city of El Monte now sits was originally an oasis in the middle of the arid San Gabriel Valley, sitting between the San Gabriel and Rio Hondo rivers. The 7-mile long and 4-mile wide "island" was used by Spanish soldiers and missionaries between 1770 and 1830 when stopping for respite in the desert.
- The city is nicknamed "End of the Santa Fe Trail" and is home to the Santa Fe Trail Historical Park as well as the El Monte Historical Museum, both highlighting the city's role as a haven for settlers.
- El Monte plays a major role in entertainment history, as it is credited with being the birthplace of TV variety shows with the creation of the 1950s classic "Hometown Jamboree."
- The old El Monte Legion Stadium was once the site of what many consider to be the greatest live musical performances in rock and roll, with The Beatles and The Beach Boys each recording telecasts there in the 1960s.
Key Resources for El Monte Renters
- Parks & Recreation is an important department in El Monte's local government, as it operates 12 city facilities and nature reserves.
- The Transportation Division provides rides for all members of the El Monte community.
Why Choose to Rent in El Monte?
For centuries, this area has been considered an oasis in the desert. El Monte continues to be a slice of paradise to this day, making it perfect for your family.