Find Gorgeous Houses for Rent in Fairfield, CA
Fairfield is the midpoint between the cities of Sacramento and San Francisco. Homes for rent in this city allow access to entertainment for every taste, as the city has a booming economy and sits between cities filled with arts, culture and nightlife.
Facts for Renters About Fairfield
- Fairfield has many famous names among its former and current residents. Pat Morita, best known for his role as Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid," attended high school and grew up in the city. Anthony Swofford, the author of the novel "Jarhead," was born and raised there.
- Excavation teams have found evidence of Native American settlements dating back to 4,000 B.C., some of the oldest in Northern California. The group that lived there were called the Ion people.
- The town was laid out by Capt. Robert H. Waterman, a clipper ship captain from Connecticut. Before purchasing the land and planning the town, he sailed around the world five times.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can use the City of Fairfield's website to learn about community events, pay water bills or watch the local Government Access Station Channel 26.
- To get information on all the entertainment Fairfield has to offer, individuals can use the Fairfield Conference & Visitors Bureau website.
- The FAST Transit system is a great way for renters to explore the city. Its Web page has schedules, fares and maps.
Attractions in Fairfield
This city is surrounded by attractions on every side. Right next door, in Napa Valley, renters can visit wineries and attend wine tastings. In Sacramento, there's the Sacramento Zoo and many theaters and sporting events. In Fairfield itself, one can take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, take a few laps in a go-kart at the Driven Raceway or do trampoline sports at Jump Highway.