Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Greenfield, CA
Greenfield is in Monterey County, just 30 minutes south of the city of Salinas. Greenfield sits in the heart of Salinas Valley, an area known for its fertile soil and agriculture. Homes for rent allow families to indulge in the wine country that is Monterey County, or visit the town's biggest event - its annual Harvest Festival. Love adventure and exploring? Check out Pinnacle National Park 30 minutes east, where families can go hiking, rock climbing and witness some of the most beautiful views in California.
Facts for Renters
- Greenfield was initially known as Clark Colony, beginning in 1905. The Clark Colony Water company was formed in April, 1905. Once the town established a sufficient water canal system and proper growing conditions, many settlers came to the land to produce crops. The settlers created the largest irrigation and water supply company in Salinas Valley.
- Today, the Clark Colony Water Company still holds rights that guarantee its members a certain amount of water from the Arroyo Seco River before other agencies can access the river.
- In 1906, the first schoolhouse was built, consisting of two buildings with a library between them.
- The colony changed its name to Greenfield after the Postal Service told them their were too many "Clark Cities" in California. The town was named after long time settler Edward Greenfield, who was publicly active in the area and helped build the canal system.
Resources for Renters
- Visitors can locate one of the many parks in the area, get a city map or find out current events using the City of Greenfield website.
- Stay up to date on all the top stories in news and sports for Greenfield and the surrounding towns with the Greenfield News website.
- Interested in learning about why Greenfield boasts about its schools? Find out using the Greenfield Union School District website.