Find Dream Houses for Rent in Hesperia, CA
Northeast of Los Angeles is the city of Hesperia. The homes for rent in this city offer a vibrant and busy lifestyle near plenty of recreation and a short drive from major metropolitan centers.
Facts for Renters About Hesperia
- The city is just outside of the desert, and has its own manmade lake that hosts many community activities.
- M. Penn Phillips and Jack Dempsey helped bring development to the city in the '50s. They're the ones who introduced both the manmade lake and the chamber of commerce to the area. Jack Dempsey was the World Heavyweight Champion at the time.
- On their pilgrimage to San Bernardino, the Mormons crossed what would become Hesperia. The site was often passed through on journeys, such as that of the infamous Kit Carson.
Resources for Renters
- Available online and in print, the Hesperia Star newspaper provides local and national news, sports and weather to residents of the city.
- For information on educational services, schedules and more, parents can check out the Web page for the Hesperia Unified School District.
- Details on city parks and facilities can be found at the Hesperia Recreation and Park District website. There, renters can learn about programs, rentals and other services offered by the city.
Attractions Near Hesperia
This city's lakes and parks will delight active renters. For swimming, there's both a public school and the lake. The lake is also excellent for boating and fishing. The various area parks offer trails for running and biking. At the Epicentre, kids can find sports programs, while at the RC Car Raceway they can practice and race against other members of the community. There are also adult leagues for sports like softball and baseball.