Find Dream Houses for Rent in Huntington Park, CA
South of Los Angeles is Huntington Park, a city with homes for rent in a diverse and active area. It's full of culture and borders one of the biggest cities in the U.S. for entertainment.
Facts for Renters About Huntington Park
- The band Slayer has its roots in Huntington Park. Some of its members grew up in the city, and the band was formed there.
- The city is named for railway magnate Henry Huntington. The name was an attempt to convince him to build a railway line through the city, thus bringing more commerce.
- The city was incorporated in 1906 after several years of petitions by the citizens. A man named Dr. Weber, who was heavily involved with getting the town incorporated, became its first mayor.
Resources for Renters
- At the Huntington Park Police Department website, renters can look through crime statistics, learn how to volunteer and download complaint forms.
- The County of Los Angeles Public Library has a branch in Huntington Park. At the library's page there are hours, directions and many online services available.
- UEI College has a campus in Huntington Park. This technical school has a Web page with information on enrollment and tuition.
Attractions Near Huntington Park
On Huntington Park's Pacific Boulevard, renters will find both local and national chain stores to fill every need. There are also several restaurants and a cinema that are great ways to spend an afternoon. At Salt Lake Park there's a weekly farmers market for renters who want to indulge in local and seasonal produce. To take out books and movies, there's a public library in the city. A quick drive to nearby Los Angeles offers entertainment in the form of bars, concerts and more.