Find Houses for Rent in La Puente, CA
La Puente is a city in Los Angeles County. It's approximately 25 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. Homes for rent in the area give people the best of both worlds - they can either enjoy the quiet suburb or take on the bustling city. There's also plenty to do. If you're feeling hungry, check out the Donut Hole. You can't miss it - the building is shaped like a donut. If you're looking for something a little more savory, try out JB Burgers. If you'd rather try authentic Spanish food, check out the Caramelo Cafe.
Facts for Renters
- La Puente was initially named "Llana de la Puente," meaning "Plain of the Bridge." It was named this after the explorer Don Gaspar de Portola needed to create a bridge so that his soldiers could cross to the other side of the land.
- Together the soldiers created the San Gabriel Mission, which can still be seen today. The mission was very popular for its fertile land, allowing the area to quickly become the richest in California.
- These early riches attracted settlers, who used the local missions in the area to create farming ranches. Soon, the area became known for its abundance of crops, including avocados, walnuts and citrus fruits.
Resources for Renters
- Figure out what you can expect from this city by checking out the La Puente website, which will teach you how to get involved in the community and a few things to do.
- Interested in enrolling your children in school here? Visit the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District website to figure out if it's right for you.
- Find out what you can expect for weather for the week by picking up a copy of the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.