Check Out Houses for Rent in Lathrop, CA
Lathrop is a city in California's San Joaquin County. It's situated near Manteca and Tracy. Just 70 miles east of San Francisco, homes for rent in Lathrop provide families with a picturesque atmosphere and a thriving business community that makes setting up shop in the city a breeze.
Historical Facts About San Joaquin County
- San Joaquin County was created on Feb. 18, 1850, when California became a state. It was one of 27 counties that were made at the time.
- "San Joaquin" comes from Joachim and has religious significance. In 1813, a Spanish lieutenant named Marago discovered the "Valle de los Tulares." He found a stream that went into the Sierra Nevadas, and emptied into Lake Buena Vista, which he called San Joaquin.
- A statue of the Goddess of Justice was built as part of the second county courthouse in 1890. It's made out of gilded zinc and used to stand 172 feet above street level. The Goddess was moved to the third courthouse in 1960 and placed on a pedestal outside of the west entryway.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Visit Lathrop's official website to learn more about the city and the many amenities and attractions it offers. There, you can search information about recent developments, look up government and department contact information, view upcoming events, and read up on services that the city provides.
- San Joaquin County's website will help renters familiarize themselves with the surrounding communities. It has all kinds of links for residents, including those for online services, government details, local attractions and area businesses. It even has a mobile site for residents to browse on the go.
- The Lathrop District Chamber of Commerce's site can get renters up to speed on local business offerings. It also outlines upcoming events that families may be interested in, as well as local attractions that are open for business year-round.