Find Houses for Rent in Livermore, CA
Located just off Interstate 580, Livermore is a city near the Bay Area. With a 40-minute drive to San Jose, a 30-minute ride to Oakland and just under an hour to San Francisco, Livermore is in a great location for commuting to some of the largest cities in the state. Homes for rent in Livermore itself also offer residents great opportunities. There are a number of parks, including Parkway Park, Roberston Park and Max Baer Park - great spots for children and pets. The Las Positas Golf Course, Las Positas College and Livermore Municipal Airport are also in the city, as well as a variety of shopping and dining establishments.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratory are two of the most important and best-known national laboratories in the U.S. They're well-known for their work on energy and collaborate with a number of the prominent academic institutions nearby.
- It's not all science and technology. Livermore has long been known for its wine - a tradition it continues. There are also a variety of efforts to improve the city's cultural offerings downtown, including a performing arts center and historic district.
Helpful Resources For Residents
- Livermore is covered by multiple newspapers in the area. Although close enough to find the San Francisco Chronicle relevant to regional events, The Independent and the Tri-Valley Times may be more specific to Livermore.
- The Livermore city website is a great asset to anyone in town with news and information on the latest happenings, as well as things to do and important city documents.
- The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District is in charge of the schools throughout the city, including nine elementary schools and four high schools, among others.