Browse Perfect Houses for Rent in Lompoc, CA
Lompoc is a city in California's Santa Barbara County. It's located south of Santa Maria. Known as "The City of Arts and Flowers," Lompoc is situated in the Lompoc Valley, which is deeply immersed in the flower industry. A downtown mural program adds to the city's charm, making homes for rent attractive to families of all backgrounds.
Historical Facts About the Lompoc Valley
- The Chumash Indians were the first people to settle in the Lompoc Valley. They lived there almost 10,000 years before Europeans began exploring the area.
- La Purisima Mission, built in 1787, was the earliest European settlement in the Lompoc Valley. The original building was destroyed by an earthquake in 1812, but there are still pieces of it on the site. The mission was rebuilt right afterward, and is not a state park.
- Lompoc was incorporated on Aug. 13, 1888.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Lompoc's official website to get acquainted with the area and learn more about what it has to offer. The site features news, notices and important information for residents, as well as department contacts, government details and quick links to help you find what you're looking for.
- The Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau can help new renters find places to visit, restaurants to eat at, stores to shop at and upcoming local events to explore. It also has a comprehensive guide to the area's businesses.
- Lompoc-CA.com is an unofficial guide to everything in the city. It has a list of interesting facts, calendars of events, links to resources like the historical society and pictures of local landmarks to help new residents familiarize themselves with the area.