Find Houses for Rent in Loomis, CA
Just off Interstate 80, northwest of Sacramento, Loomis offers families a taste of suburban life. Loomis is in Placer County and is just 30 minutes from the state capital for a quick commute. Homes for rent in Loomis give families a quiet community with excellent nearby schools. Also close-by is the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area, where families can enjoy nature as well as outdoor sports. Sierra College is even closer, right off of I-80. Despite its proximity to the capital city, Loomis has a small-town feel.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Loomis is named for James Loomis, who was a pioneer and ran the majority of the town at its beginning. When the town first began, it had a variety of names, including Placer.
- Sierra College's Rocklin Campus is just a stone's throw away for Loomis residents. Since opening in 1962, the campus has been adding and expanding, with a new football stadium and beautiful buildings. Families will love taking advantage of the benefits this higher education institution has to offer.
Helpful Resources for Residents.
- The Loomis Union School District covers the town's children through high school. The district features six elementary schools and one charter school. Although Del Oro High School is in Loomis, it's not part of the Loomis Union School District, but rather the larger Placer Union High School District.
- News, sports, entertainment, politics - Loomis News has it all. This news source is an excellent way for town residents to stay up to date on what's important in the community.
- The official Loomis town website has a number of features that residents will love. From town meeting details to job postings, the website can be a great tool.