Discover Lovely Houses for Rent in Los Altos, CA
Los Altos is a commuter city with homes for rent less than 20 miles from San Jose and Santa Clara. Despite being a city, Los Altos is filled with green spaces, featuring over a dozen parks. The friendly people and open spaces make the city feel more rural than metropolitan. Los Altos is ideal for renters who want a country lifestyle while still being able to commute to nearby areas.
Facts for Renters
- The local parks are home to many events for the community. Byrne Preserve, for instance, holds the annual Easter egg hunt while Hidden Villa has programs on educational awareness and summer camps for children. The city also has three public golf courses and four horseback riding facilities.
- The Chamber of Commerce hosts the annual Fall Festival, which includes a car show, wine and beer tastings, children's games, arts and crafts, shows, and food. In the summer it also holds a golf tournament, which has an auction, barbecue and prizes for the winners.
- Los Altos has been occupied by humans for over 10,000 years. It was part of the Rancho San Antonio land grant in 1839 and in 1845 in was sold at $0.07 an acre. In 1911, it became a railway stop for the Southern Pacific Railroad, bringing growth to the city that has allowed it to grow to where it is today.
Resources for Renters
KFJC 89.7 is a community owned and operated radio station. Renters can go online to see what's playing or stream the feed, as well as read up on the station's history.
- Los Altos and the surrounding region can get local news from the Los Altos Town Crier.
- To learn about events and shops in the downtown are, residents can check the website for Downtown Los Altos.